How did it work:
1. At Power ON, the motor looked for Home position. After that, it receives the Start signal.
2. The microcontroller, being preset with the dedicated program for the given application, provides required signals to the drive, which drives the motor till the required position.
3. The welding gun, welds at this point. There is a specific time for which this goes. After this time, the controller provides the next signal to the motor, which moves to the second position.
4. The above process can be applicable for both linear as well as rotary movements.
5. Instances like weaving make use of both linear as well as rotary.
The above process not only automates the process, but also speeds it up with ensuring the accuracy.